Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here

Replacement Degree Certificates

Degree Cert



If you have graduated from the University of Stirling you can request a replacement degree certificate if you no longer have the original certificate.


Detailed Description

There can only be one degree certificate in existence at any one time and a replacement certificate can only be produced if the original certificate has been lost or destroyed.  If you do have your original degree certificate and just require copies of it please see Certified Copies of the Degree Certificate in the related products section below.

The replacement degree certificate will bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation and names cannot be changed retrospectively.  The replacement certificate will have the exact award information as the original certificate and will be produced on current certificate paper.

A form of identification must also be sent to the Timetabling, Awards and Graduation Team in support of your application.  If your name is the same as when you graduated you may use any of the following as proof of identity; passport (personal details page), photo card driving license or birth certificate.  If your name has changed since you graduated your application must also be accompanied by either a copy of your marriage certificate or a Deed Poll certificate that bears the name you were enrolled under.  Please email a scanned copy of your identification to ask@stir.ac.uk ensuring the subject of your email is entitled “Replacement Degree Certificate”.  Alternatively you can post a hard copy to the Timetabling, Awards and Graduation Team, , 2Z Cottrell Building, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA.

Please allow up to four weeks for the replacement certificate to be produced and dispatched.  Charges are inclusive of postage within the UK and certificates will be posted by Royal Mail first class.

If you would like your replacement degree certificate sent to an address in Europe or overseas, you must also separately purchase the appropriate quantity of “mailing overseas”, below. Please note certificates will be posted by Royal Mail International Standard.