The CPD programme is offered by the Institute of Aquaculture and is focused on Animal Welfare. This unique training services aims to stimulate the knowledge required as a basis for operational excellence of the workforce that will support continuous growth of the industry.
Our fish health and welfare course offer insight into: -
- Fish biology, anatomy, and physiology
- Stress, health, and disease
- Fish sentience, behaviour, and welfare
- Why welfare pays?
- Main diseases and pathogens
- Prevention and therapeutic strategies
- How vaccines work
- Sea lice monitoring and control
- Biosecurity, veterinary health, and welfare plans
- Industry standards, good practice, and legislation
- Handling techniques, dissection, and tissue sampling